Google has announced to make Google Meet feature available for all users until September. All Gmail users could make calls , create meeting thoroughly in the Gmail account. The option will be integrated in the Gmail and replace the Hangout chat.
Google Meet is free and integrated with Gmail
Google announced earlier this month that they will provide free Google Meet for everyone users to make video calls and try out all the features such as scheduling meeting, screen sharing , real-time captions and layouts will be available in free untill 30 September.
Google Meet has been part of the G-Suite but now it is available for free on web at meet-google.com via mobile apps for iOS and Android or via Gmail.
How to Start a meeting on Meet?
You can start a meeting on Google Meet using the Meet tab found in the Gmail interface or you can simply sign in at meet.google.com by entering your email id and following the steps.
Follow these Steps
- Click on Start a meeting option from the list
- A new window will open and your device will request to allow camera permission, do allow it and it will enable automatically next time prompt.
- A meeting link will be generated along with the dial-in number and PIN.
- Send these details to contacts that you want to join the meeting.
- You can turn off on the caption of the meeting from the setting menu by clicking on the three dots next to the video screen.
- Yo can turn on and off the video and audio by click on the options displayed on the screen.
How to join a Google Meet meeting
- Click on Join a meeting option from the list.
- Enter the Meeting code provided by the meeting host.
- It will take you to the Google Meet meeting room you want to join.
- You can turn on or off your video and audio as per your need by clicking on icon on the meeting screen.
To remove a participants, your host need to click on the back arrow, point to the person want to remove then click on remove You can also select if you want to mute a annoying participant, just you need to click on next Volume person’s thumbnail and select “Mute”. He or She doesn’t even know, they gets muted.
How to Record Meeting in Google Meet?
The meeting participands can record freely video call along with the host. You just need to follow up the mention steps below:
- In a meeting , click on the icon with vertical three dots in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Record meeting” option on the menu to start recording.
- If you want to stop recording, click on the vertical three dots again and click on ” Stop recording ” options on the menu.
Google Meet recoding are saved to your Google Drive in a folder called “Meet Recording”. If the person who started the recording, the host will shared video call button to download recording link.
I hope that all our readers are enjoy our complete guide Google Meet ? How to create free account, free video calls and Record video calling?