Microsoft Health App checks your pc wouldn’t support for next Windows version. Windows 11 will be installed only on the 8th up to the newer processor.
On 24 June, Microsoft announced Windows 11 would be able to download the builds in the Dev Channel. We recommended to chose Beta Channel for more stable either Dev Channel have full bugs and issue.
If you want to install Windows 11 Insider Preview in your unsupported PC. You may need to follow some of these steps carefully.
Thankful in the Windows 11 registry, you can make minor changes in the Windows registry to enroll into the Dev Channel and receive Windows 11 Insider preview builds.
How to install Windows 11 Insider build on unsupported devices
- Backup Windows Registry.
- Open Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program
- Click on “Get Started” and connect your personal Microsoft account.
- Select the Dev Channel or Beta Channel
- Click on “Restart” your PC
- Open the Windows Insider Program and check if its Dev Channel option is available.
- If it not available, type “Regedit” in the Start Menu
- Open the Registry Editor, navigate to this link> Copy it
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/ WindowsSelfHost/UI/Selection
- Double-tap on the UIBranch key on the right side of the window.
- Change the value to Dev from Release Preview.
- Change ContentType to Mainline.
- Change Ring key to External
- On the Registry Editor, navigate to
- Change BranchName key to Dev.
- Make sure ContentType key value is Mainline and Ring is set to External.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open the Windows Insider Program and make sure that your setting is correct.
Final Step, You can now start testing the Windows 11 preview build on your unsupported devices. You need to roll back to Windows 10 when Windows 11 is available public.