Microsoft released this week the upcoming Windows 10 Insider Preview Build on a Friday Build 21387 is available in the Dev channel.
The most important changes have seen in that Windows 10 Build 21387 Dev channel is the first build to ship without Internet Explorer. It was the classic Internet explorer that had inbuild in the past versions of Windows since Windows XP.
Microsoft clearly mentioned in the blog post that Windows users need to rely upon the only the latest version of Chromium-based Microsoft Edge.
The latest features in Windows 10 May 2021 update (version 20H1)
- Ship with Chromium-powered default browser: Microsoft Edge legacy is no longer available.
- Ships without Adobe Flash Player.
- Windows Hello gets multi-camera support.
- Windows Defender Application Guard is now faster.
- To support remote work, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service. (GPSVC).
This is a preview from the Dev channel which means it’s not officially tied to a release of Windows 10. The build version number 21387 ties it to the 21 H2 ‘Cobalt’ release. Most of the new features that we will get split into Windows 10 21H2 release.
Windows 10 RTMs in June and December and December so we should see Windows 10 version 21H2 in the beta channel in July. It released set to released in October. It will be rumored to get Sun Valley UI.
Windows 10 May 2021 update is not the premium version update may arrive in the October feature update of the year.