Qualcomm reportedly working on a new Snapdragon 895 / 898 using TSMC 4nm processor equipped with X65 baseband is developing a chip-code named (SM8450) Waipio, which will be the successor to Snapdragon 888 (SM8350).
A well known is called @eveleaks announced some information about these new products today said the upcoming SM8450 is Qualcomm’s next-generation SoC which integrates the Snapdragon X65 5G modem-RF system. It is manufactured by TSMC under a 4nm processor.
Alleged Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 895 components:
- Kryo 780 CPU core based on Arm Cortex v9 technology.
- Adreno 730 GPU core
- Spectra 680 ISP image processor
- Up to 1Ghz millimeter-wave downlink and 400MHz Sub-6 D rate.
- Support Qualcomm Asdic WCD9380 / WD9385 audio codec.
- Qualcomm Security Processing Unit (SPU260)
- Support Qualcomm Fast Connect 6900 subsystem
- Support four-channel package LPDDR5 RAM
- Adreno 665 Video Processing Unit (DPU).
- Adreno 1195 Display Processing Unit (DPU).
The Snapdragon 888 Soc will be similar the new SoC will have a stronger 5G integrated baseband while supporting milliliter wave or Sub-6GHz 5G networks. In addition, GPU is an upgrade from Adreno 660 to Adreno 730.
Qualcomm is expected that there will be considerable improvements. The DSP is upgraded from Spectra 580 to Spectra 680, and the Fast Connect 6900 subsystem will support LE Audio/5.2 and Wi-Fi 6E.