Windows 11 Build 22509 is now rolling out to Dev channel enrolled as the company’s preview testing program.
The update is simply called “Windows 11 Insider Preview 22509.1000 (rs_prerelease)” and can be downloaded by the Windows Setting Update. The Microsoft clarified the October 2022 Update for Windows 11 will likely to included.
The Windows 11 Build 22509 preview update included improvements in the new start menu layout for Start with more recommendation. Additionally, you will be able to view the clock and data on the taskbar show off for secondary monitors.
The build 22509 is about to understand that Dev Channel includes builds from the active development, if you upgrade to newer prerelease update, you won’t be able to downgrade to Beta Release Preview Channel or stable Windows 11 builds in the next year.
The stable Windows 11 will be downloaded with the use of Media Creation Tool or downloaded ISO. Microsoft confirmed the testing a new feature that allow users to do right-click on the Start to open a new setting called “More pins” and more recommendation’s” layout options.
Windows 11 Build 22509 Changes and Features
These are list of changes brings to Windows 11 Build 22509:
- Microsoft is improving the Windows notification experience in the OS. You get a lot of notifications.
- Microsoft has moved advanced sharing setting to Windows Settings app.
- Microsoft has made changes to the new device-specific pages under Printer’s & Scanners in Settings.
- Windows Sandbox now lets you reboot OS.
How to Install Windows 11 Build 22509
Users will need to install Windows 11 Build 22509, Try some steps:
- Windows users need to switch to the Dev Channel. Join the Windows Insider Program, then select the channel.
- Check for the updates on Windows Update.
- The Build will start downloading automatically.
- Once done, click on “Restart now” to finish the installation.